J.Crew's packed Fall 2012 presentation showed a bevy of vibrant structured coats, eye-catching knitwear, and a refreshing mix of printed trousers. Almost every look has a sporty twist to it — we especially loved the casual pullovers made in silk floral prints, brushed fleece tops, and what has now become the brand's signature, daytime-appropriate sequins. Other standout pieces included a cozy two-toned tweed coat, leather trimmed jackets, and pajama-inspired pants. For accessories, VP of women's design Tom Mora provided major eye candy in the way of pastel candy-colored Manolo Blahnik pumps, Patricia Underwood hats, sleek snake-print bags, and textured clutches. More highlights below, then check out the complete collection in the slideshow.
- Trends: Printed trousers, sporty, daytime sequins, tweed, snakeskin prints.
- Colors: Emerald, brown, hot pink, orange, mustard yellow, blue, gray.
- Key Piece: We can't wait to get our hands on the two-toned tweed coat.
- Accessories: Reptilian print bags, shearling satchels, tweed clutches, point-toe Manolo Blahnik pumps, Patricia Underwood hats.
- Who Would Wear It: Women who crave classic looks with a refreshing twist like Michelle Obama and Olivia Palermo.