True to form, Gaultier delivered trench coats, sharp suiting, and far sexier fare for Spring 2012. The collection showcased his signature craft in structured, pinstriped suits, then gave way to a sultrier side as models hit the runway with perfectly '40-inspired victory curls — and their look numbers in hand. Evening wear in elegant body-conscious jersey dresses, some draped, some with waist-defining corsets, and still, others with embroidered tops, and leg-baring slits brought femininity in the most mature sense. The statement is somewhat dramatic, especially when you consider Gaultier's tattooed body stockings and piercings, but the dressing is easy and subtly seductive.
- Trends: ladylike, boudoir, menswear, corsets, leg-revealing slits.
- Colors: black, white, soft green and blue, orange, nude, kelly green, and floral print.
- Key Piece: Karlie Kloss in a pinstripe short suit.
- Accessories: chokers and statement necklaces; embellished and cutout booties, high-heel Mary Janes, tattoo-print body stockings.
- Who Would Wear It: Sexy, avant-garde types; Dita Von Teese and Gwen Stefani.