Drawing inspiration from her home turf, LA-based Jenni Kayne served up a chic, surf-inspired lineup for Spring '13. Minimalist silhouettes were dipped in bright hues as Kayne presented sharp neon-yellow blazers, Navajo-printed crop tops, and even a red-carpet-worthy hot-pink silk gown. Kayne's play on tailored cuts purveyed a menswear touch, further exemplified with crisp shirtdresses and striped oxford shirts. Meanwhile, striped pants and tops made for an effortless yet eye-catching statement while tweed shiftdresses and short suits spoke to her casual cool style. The designer also brought back her popular d'orsay flats in a new assortment of pretty jewel-tone hues. In the end, it was all about the designer's laid-back attitude — with a refined twist — and you can't help but to want to move to the West Coast to live the same lifestyle.
- Trends: Leather harnesses, lace, sculptural proportions, jumpsuits.
- Colors: Pink, yellow, blue, gray, red.
- Key Piece: Kayne's bold yellow blazer and dress combo is perfect for work or play.
- Accessories: Jewel-tone suede d'orsay flats, leather cutout d'orsay flats, round sunglasses, gold bracelets, statement rings.
- Who Should Wear It: The minimalist cool set. Kate Bosworth would shine in the bold Navajo-print crop top, and Rachel Bilson would love the bold gold lamé pieces.