John Galliano's Fall 2012 collection was the second solo show for Bill Gaytten, and the incumbent designer successfully set the tone for a charming, British-chic season. He showed gorgeous floaty gowns draped in silk charmeuse and accordion pleats, riding coats with ruffled collars, and sumptuous velvet cropped trousers, all in a decidedly autumnal palette of mustard, royal blue, and cinnamon. Seasoned models like Coco Rocha, Jourdan Dunn, and Lindsey Wixson walked the runway outfitted in sexy thigh-high tights, sheer gowns, and lavish feathered headpieces, punctuating a Fall collection that was a genuine mix of racy and refined, English polish and undaunted sexuality — something we can only imagine Galliano would be proud of.
- Trends: Ruffled poet collars, accordion pleat dresses, cropped riding pants, sheer and fur details.
- Colors: Black, royal blue, red, mustard, cinnamon, soft gray.
- Key Look: The sexy red riding hood: a black onesie with thigh-high stockings, topped with a red silk cape.
- Accessories: Thigh-high stockings, stately feathered chapeaus, lace-up booties, suede and leather gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: English sophisticates with a taste for ladylike glamour.