For Spring 2012, Jonathan Saunders took an extremely juicy trip to '50s ladylike dressing, giving us a collection of ultra-feminine dresses and separates in an array of colors that wasn't unlike the contents of a Starburst tropical fruit package. Add to that Indian-inspired prints and a curlicue print that reminded us of a Palm Beach grandmother's white wrought iron fence, and you have a bold collection that channels the ladylike dressing of the 1950s without any real primness, but a real sense of fun. There were more boyish options too, via slouchy bermuda shorts and silky pajama tops — intended for a platform shoe and boyfriend blazers.
- Trends: Bright color, bold print, '50s ladylike dressing, pajama dressing, bermuda shorts.
- Colors: Aqua, citrus — lemon, lime, orange, bright pink.
- Key Piece: The printed full-skirted dresses, slouchy bermuda shorts, but really anything in the curlicue print.
- Accessories: Bright, tropical-looking platform espadrilles.
- Who Would Wear It: It's a versatile collection that could be worn by England's current fashion leading ladies like Kate Middleton or Samantha Cameron, or style cuties like Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung.