Roberto Cavalli may have mixed things up a bit for the Fall 2012 showing of his bridge line, Just Cavalli, but the collection wasn't without the designer's signature rock 'n' roll sensibilities. Models were outfitted in super-skinny trousers, mixed-media-style frocks (think houndstooth and ocelot, zebra-print and Aztec zigzags), and playfully sexy Lurex tops, lending a vibrant, lighthearted '60s spin on an otherwise rocker-cool runway show. Cavalli did bring some new silhouettes into the picture, however — he showed sleek, slouchy patent-leather pants in hues of nude, red, and gray and also introduced a tailored, oversize menswear-inspired coat with leather lapels. More details on the Just Cavalli collection below.
- Trends: Patent leather, fitted trousers, and, of course, animal prints.
- Colors: Black, camel, red, nude, olive, forest green.
- Key Piece: The allover leopard-print cape with bronze leggings; the champagne-colored dress dripping with paillettes.
- Accessories: Glitter-covered ankle booties and mixed-print drawstring satchels.
- Who Would Wear It: Cavalli connoisseurs like Miley Cyrus and Fergie.