Yes it's the middle of July and there is a heat wave sweeping the nation, but if you happen to be having a winter wedding, I bet you are deep in to the planning stages by now.
In the spirit of this, I thought we could take a look at the gorgeous winter wedding of Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson in Aspen, Colorado. Not only did Kate Hudson prove to be practical (long coat for the cold weather) but she also styled her gorgeous, strapless, ivory, silk duchesse satin dress Vera Wang dress to resemble the designs of the 19th century. Her couture had the finishing touches of a hand-stitched corset bodice. I believe the floor length fur coat was Vera Wang also.
Unfortunately, this is the only photo that has been released and you can not see her gown in it.
For Fun Facts about Kate and Chris's Weddng, read more
- Kate and Chris wed on December 31, 2000 (New Year's Eve). The wedding took place in Aspen and the ceremony was held under a tent at her parent's home. They had 70 guests.
- The reception was held at the Elk Mountain Lodge.
- The theme of their wedding was winter white with tons of white only flowers and white candles.
- Her bachelorette party was held 2 nights before at Caribou's Whiskey Bar in Aspen.
- Chris gave Kate a 5-carat Asscher-cut diamond ring.
- They met at a party in NY and 4 days later they moved in together....6 months later they married.
- Chris wore a dark gray Brioni suit.