Inspired by the "1960s rogue girl with a Japanese street sensibility," Gwen Stefani chose to show off her latest L.A.M.B designs against a collage of black-and-white New York City street snaps and closeup shots of girls getting their eye makeup done, all while Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Were Made For Walkin'" boomed overhead. Each look seemed to reflect a moment in Gwen's iconic style evolution. Case in point: her "Hey Baby" houndstooth print made a serious comeback, landing on everything from sporty totes to bomber jackets; her "Sweet Escape" moto-edged attire popped up in zippered jacquard jackets; and those Clueless-worthy platforms? That's just a classic Gwen staple. While the outerwear was athletic and tough, the attention to feminine details was also spot on. Look to the Peter Pan collars, sexy Morgenthal Frederics cat-eye glasses, impeccably pleated circle skirts, and sheer knee-high nylons for proof of Gwen's girlier side. No matter how you spin it, this is an ultra-wearable lineup of '90s-cool gear with a hint of retro and a pop of graphic-print modernity.
- Trends: Houndstooth print, pleated skirts, sportswear-inspired outerwear, and Peter Pan collars.
- Colors: A dark, cool palette — red, black, gray, and ecru — with surprise pops of neon yellow.
- Key Piece: The gray pleated circle skirt paired with a sweet collared top makes a sexy take on schoolgirl classics.
- Accessories: Sporty tote bags, cat-eye secretary glasses, knee-high nylons, and '90s-style chunky platforms.
- Who Would Wear It: The girl with a sportier fierce edge when it comes to dress, like Rihanna.