The sun is shining and poolside piña coladas are calling… Summer is in full force and I love it! During this prime beachy season I like to stock up on a few summer style essentials to keep my look fresh for whatever spontaneous summertime activity may come my way. From spur of the moment beach trips to backyard barbeques, this it-list will have you covered—come sand, sangria or sunshine!
Related: Operation Organize: Get Color-Coded
Without further ado, here is my summer must-haves style list for 2012:
- What would summer be without a chic, new pair of sunnies? While wayfarers, rounds, and cat eyes are trending, don't be afraid to stick with the shape that works best for you. Check out my LC Lauren Conrad collection line of sunglasses—there's something for everyone. And for more tips on picking the right pair for your face shape, check out my sunglasses guide.
- A killer swimsuit is a major must. I especially love this classic striped bikini by ViX. (Don't they always have the best swimsuits?)
Keep reading to see the rest of Lauren's Summer must-haves after the break.
- A breezy maxi dress is another summer staple in my closet. This Free People dress is perfect for throwing on after a day at the beach. To be honest, it's a total no brainer. Just throw it on, add a few cuffs, cute sandals and you're good to good. A great maxi truly is the best fallback outfit for those hot, sticky days when you have "nothing to wear."
- Summery sandals are essential. I am particularly keen on this platform pair I designed for my LC Lauren Conrad line. I wear them all the time. They can go from day to night in a snap and they're really, really comfortable.
- Last but certainly not least, a wide brimmed hat is crucial in my book. When I hit the beach or the pool, there's a 99% chance you'll find me donning one of these guys (that is, if you can find me under it). If you're in the market for a hat of your own, this pewter-cinched hat is a great option.
What's on your summer must-haves list?
P.S. If you're not quite ready to face your swimsuit yet, be sure to give my personal Bikini Boot Camp plan a try for a few days. Even one week will make a BIG difference.