We're thrilled to present our favorite Lucky story here on Fab!
Coordinating my daily footwear choices during the winter involves mapping out a complicated battle plan: Should I wear the heavy-duty boots all day and look silly at work? Forgo the boots and have cold (or worse! stepped-in-slush-wet!) feet during my commute? Wear wellies and schlep my heels to work in a giant, heavy tote?
What, exactly, is the best way to stay warm and dry without looking completely sloppy?
This year I am streamlining my morning footwear deliberation into a no-brainer routine—cute waterproof boots with skinnies or tights outside and a tiny rolled-up pair of flats in my purse for later. Here are some of my favorite combos:
1. Loeffler Randall rain boots with back zip, $195, loefflerrandall.com. Just like the trademark leather boots they are modeled after, these sleek boots have a subtle, leg-lengthening wedge.
2. Rodarte for Repetto ballerinas, $425, openingceremony.us. The mesmerizing marbleized effect of these butter-soft flats makes any outfit a showstopper.
3. Steve Madden Tsunamii rain boots, $79.95, zappos.com. Motorcycle buckles and a shock of red down the back make these cool-girl boots both gritty and fun.
4. Porselli ballerina flats, $122.50, usonline.apc.fr. A rusty red pairs well with worn-in corduroys during the winter but sets off a crisp white dress perfectly after the snow has melted.
5. Women's duck boots, $69.50, canvas.landsend.com. Something about these utilitarian booties makes me want to pull them on over chunky cabled socks.
See the rest here.
For more fashion fun from Lucky, here are more Lucky stories. Related links: Top Three Sales Happening Today, Ferragamo Shoes Are Getting More Affordable