When news broke that Eva Chen had been named editor in chief of Lucky, we went shopping for information! Thankfully, the magazine has us covered with a fresh interview profiling their stylish new leader. From collecting chic frames to surprisingly broad television tastes, this social media savvy New Yorker is definitely giving us something to look forward to as she takes the reins!
See our seven favorite facts, here.
- Paging Doctor Chen! Eva was initially enrolled in Johns Hopkins' pre-med program before making the switch to fashion after a Summer internship.
- This New Yorker’s born and raised in the city — she grew up in Greenwich Village.
- Among her fashion inspirations: Diane Kruger, Rachel Bilson, Kate Bosworth, Alexa Chung, Cara Delevingne, Emma Stone, and her grandmother (aww!).
- Nailed it! The former beauty intern knows her way around a polish bottle, once giving herself a manicure in a cab en route to Fashion Week.
- Eva's television tastes range from low to high (just like her fashion picks!) with The Bachelorette and Game of Thrones topping her must-see list.
- What does an editor of tomorrow wear to make an impression? For day one at her first internship, Eva hit Barneys and picked up a pair of pointy-toe Miu Miu kitten heels.
- In addition to Twitter followers, Eva collects stationery and Warby Parker glasses (“I have seven pairs”).