Et, voila! New York Fashion Week ended on a high note last night with the Marc Jacobs Spring 2012 show. It began with some theatrics; models were staged in a tableau at one end of the runway, leaving one by one to stride by the audience. The collection was a fascinating mix of '20s glamour (sparkly drop-waist dresses!), '30s Depression-era thrift (make a skirt out of cellophane!), and even some '90s sportswear. It was a fantastic and original show that only adds fuel to the fire in regards to Jacobs possibly being named creative director at Christian Dior. To see the show in action, watch the runway video.
- Trends: '20s glam, metallics, '30s, '90s, sporty, ladylike.
- Colors: metallics, seafoam green, blue, gray.
- Key Piece: The sweatshirts and metallic coats might be the most wearable, but the plastic/cellophane skirts and dresses are what you'll see in magazines.
- Accessories: metallic cowboy booties and menswear loafers were highlights.
- Who Would Wear It: Eclectic style mavens who want to stand out from the crowd: Daphne Guinness, Helena Bonham Carter.
Make sure to check out all of our New York Fashion Week coverage!