Consuelo Castiglioni emphasized Marni's eclectic approach to femininity for Spring 2012, with a collection that was filled with architectural, modern takes on ladylike shapes, presented in the bold color and print Marni is known for. Demure shift dresses, knee-length skirts and crewneck sweaters, and sharp jackets were finished in crochet raffia embroidery, intarsia prints, sequins and crystals. Prints ranged from graphic — Bauhaus and circle motifs — to naturalistic, like soft summer florals. It was a light-hearted, slighly retro approach to Spring that will keep Marni fans satiated.
- Trends: textures, raffia, mixed prints, ladylike.
- Colors: aqua, pink, yellow, white, brown, rust.
- Key Look: a yellow floral applique number with a structured silhouette, a white crochet look that had cool Summer nights written all over it.
- Accessories: ankle strap pumps with gilded python heels, woven bags with windowpane patters and beads; big plastic pendant earrings.
- Who Would Wear It: The fearless fashion girl — Margherita Missoni, Giovanna Battaglia, and we think Emma Stone would look great in these looks.