Max Mara delivered an expectedly minimalist Spring 2012 collection, but this season there was an extra lean, sporty element. Think racerback tanks and capri leggings, delivered in colorblocked palettes of aqua, tan, and cream, which might be unwearable for most of us, but thankfully there were loosely structured anoraks, sporty gold lurex jackets, and balloon tunics with which to layer. It was a stripped-down collection that seemed focused on silhouettes, specifically a trim silhouette, and the only fashion fat came from the use of gold lurex and leather to add depth.
- Trends: Sporty, minimalism, racerbacks, anoraks, jumpsuits.
- Colors: Tan, aqua, cream, gold.
- Key Piece: The flowy anoraks and short gold lurex jacket; the strapless jumpsuit.
- Accessories: Espadrilles.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls with super toned arms — we could see Katie Holmes in the jumpsuit.