With every collection that Michael Kors debuts, he takes us somewhere wonderful. For Spring '16, it was a romantic, slightly laid-back spot where we could freely pair our structured blazers with sheer, ruffled skirts. This season, his clothes whisked us away to a glamorous party set in the '50s, though dresses doused in sequins suggested a subtle flapper influence as well.
The designer deconstructed the most classic pieces. Floral minis with Peter Pan collars are complete with sexy, fluttering panels. Long gloves, mod-looking shifts, even flared jeans — which opened the show — are shredded into wispy feathers. From muff-like sleeves and collars to full coats, stoles, a belt, and handbags, fur was in abundance too — but in the brightest of shades, such as periwinkle blue, neon green, and thistle purple.
Footwear speaks to the same theme, as patent leather Mary Janes and pointed-toe slingbacks are embellished with modern touches like leopard print and studs. But our favorite looks were those we could picture on stars loyal to the brand, some of whom sat front row.
Kendall Jenner walked the runway in a retro metallic number we could see on the likes of Kate Hudson, though she'd also pull off the final ensemble: a furry coat, a heather-gray sweater, and shimmering see-through pants. And there's no doubt we'll find Blake Lively in the bow-adorned dress with the plunging neckline. Scroll to see what's one of the most standout collections from NYFW so far.
- Trends: '50s influence, volume, fur, and wispy feathers.
- Colors: Khaki and navy are splashed with periwinkle blue, neon green, purple, metallic silver, and gold.
- Key Look: The final ensemble to walk the runway, which summed up the collection perfectly: relaxed glamour.
- Bags: Furry-adorned satchels to tote at the side are often replaced with square, chain-link designs or luxe, colorful stoles.
- Who Would Wear It: The retro girl at heart — with spunk and a liking for modern details.
- Fabrics: Jacquard, fur, sequins, suede, and feathers.
- Celebs Who Sat Front Row: Blake Lively, Jennifer Hudson, Riley Keough, Olivia Munn, and Olivia Palermo.