Michelle Smith showed a fun collection brimming with color and cool techno fabrics for Milly's Fall line. The results? A prim and polished collection injected with modern fabrics and a bit of edge. Tweed dresses were given a shiny finish thanks to a high-tech laminated finish, while full leather skirts lent a feminine feel. A wide array of cocktail-ready dresses were the main focus, ranging from scalloped hemlines to strapless neon and lace confections. Standout pieces included a brilliant metallic purple skirt paired with a textured dotted jacket and a red patent leather funnel-neck coat. More details from Milly's ladylike cool collection below.
- Trends: Techno fabrics, embellished collars, full skirts.
- Colors: Cobalt, green, black, hot pink, chartreuse, purple, red.
- Key Piece: The laminated tweed dresses were simultaneously fresh and feminine.
- Accessories: Shearling clutches, satchel bags, opera gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: In addition to front row attendees Tinsley Mortimer and Kristin Chenoweth, we can also envision Upper East Side personalities, like Blair Waldorf, wearing some of these pieces.