For Missoni's Fall 2012 collection, designer Angela Missoni was inspired by a mix of urban influences and an immersion in nature and landscape. According to show notes, the woman of Fall '12 is a "heroine in a concrete jungle," and conceives fashion as an "evocative adventurous fantasy" while maintaining a strong-willed, sophisticated yet sensitive vibe. The collection was, of course, loaded with Missoni's signature knits, but this time in a more subtle, less cognizant way — the zigzag print was evident in supertight trousers and knee-length tank dresses, but soon gave way to plaid wool and alternating geometric and amorphous patterns. This urban warrior woman was protected by elbow-length leather gloves, latex corsets, shiny metallic embellishments, as well as chunky, thin-tipped heels and boots, and carried chic square-shaped bags with chain straps and wood grain detailing. Overall, the Missoni girl is more than prepared to battle the elements of the concrete jungle come Fall.
- Trends: Fur accents, shoulder wraps, print mixing, long hemlines.
- Colors: Red, rust, gray, blue, moss green, brown.
- Key Piece: The sheer lace dress with brocade cape; the gold-encrusted party dress with black veil.
- Accessories: Elbow-length leather gloves, thin waist belts, fur hats, thin-tipped boots and heels, geometric gold brooches.
- Who Would Wear It: Leighton Meester, Olivia Palermo, and of course, Margherita Missoni.