Missoni delivered its trademark color and prints for Spring 2012; this time with textural intrigue, giving way to ruffles, fringe, and tassels adorning knit dresses layered over tailored suit separates. The changes and updates to Missoni's zigzagged knits, on their own, don't feel that dramatic; but in viewing the collection as a whole the evolution is clear. Brown fringe and looser, more abstract prints feel less typical of the brand, and a touch more exotic. Ruffles on asymmetrical dresses, blouses, and even, suiting feels Flamenco-inspired and beautifully femme.
- Trends: Ruffles, fringe, brights, sheer.
- Colors: Yellow, blue, fuchsia, orange, brown.
- Accessories: Gold chain and fringed necklaces, charm and chain necklaces and earrings, zigzagged knit bags and clutches, fans.
- Key Look: A pink and yellow zigzag print knit dress layered over a bright yellow suit.
- Who Would Wear It: Sexy boho types; Margherita Missoni