If there were any Oscar nominees in the house tonight, they're likely putting in their requests for dresses as we speak. Monique Lhuillier's Fall collection was filled with the kind of full-on dramatic glamour the designer's become known for — the kind that would light up any red carpet. This season, Lhuillier hones in on her craft with a dark, sexy tilt. Cutouts, black and red lace, and edgier leather accents gave Monique's girl a vixen-esque quality, albeit one with a hint of the retro-inspired. Models hit the catwalk with slicked waves and red lips to further the '40s feel; we get a sense of the era's sultry side and a touch of the fashion forward in leather bands and angular sheer insets and cutouts. She marries both classic glamour and a modern sophistication effortlessly in every piece. It's one gorgeous design after the other — a rich palette and a wash of embellishment, lace, or a thigh-high slit to amp up every showstopper. But even when the show closes there's a sense that it still isn't finished — part two will be seeing our A-listers take the looks to the red carpet.
- Trends: Lace, leather, sequin embellishment.
- Colors: Red, black, and gold.
- Key Piece: The black, white, and red lace gown; the gold sequin-embellished pieces.
- Accessories: Wide leather belts at the waist, ankle-strap pointed-toe Manolo Blahnik heels.
- Who Would Wear It: You'll see it all over the red carpet.