>> Fashion's Night Out is tonight, Sept. 10, in New York, and if your plan of attack wasn't already peripatetic enough, get ready: our first installment of highlights for the night has an addendum. Check out the latest updates: Neil Patrick Harris has been announced the host of the CBS special, airing Sept. 14; more designers' whereabouts, and also, expect to see a bevy of Victoria's Secret models all across town — details below.
The scoop! »
- Adriana Lima, Chanel Iman, and Doutzen Kroes, will be at the Victoria's Secret Soho store, (591 Broadway, 7pm to 10 pm), to sign autographs for fans.
- Erin Wasson, who's been modeling for Maybelline since 2002, will be making an appearance at the retailer's pop-up shop, (Meatpacking District at 9th Avenue and 13th Street, 6 pm).
- Sessilee Lopez will be at Curve Boutique, (83 Mercer Street), to celebrate her cover for Modelinia magazine. Additionally, partygoers can dance to DJ Devendra Banhart and DJ Gregory Rogove's mixes, while checking out IRO’s Spring 2011 collection and shop one of kind jewelry from Erickson Beamon designed exclusively for the event. Guests can also enter to win a special giveaway from IRO and Erickson Beamon.
- Nicolas Ghesquiere will make a special appearance at the Balenciaga boutique, (542 West 22 Street, 8 pm to 10:30 pm). As earlier reported, guests can also check out Karen Elson performing at 9 pm, along viewing the US debut of Balenciaga's “Cindy Sherman: Untitled (Balenciaga) Series.
- Michael Kors will be singing songs with TONY winner, Idina Menzel, at the Michael Kors lifestyle store on Madison Avenue, (667 Madison Avenue).
- Diane von Furstenberg will be showing off her techy side at the DVF + HP experience lounge hosted at her studio in the Meatpacking District, (874 Washington Street). Guests can check out HP's latest products; take pictures in photo booths wearing DVF clothes styled by Refinery29, and then print the images, (through wireless printers), or even live stream them into the lounge.
- Erin Fetherston – whose collection for Juicy Couture debuts this Holiday — will make a stop at Juicy Couture, (650 5th Ave, 6 pm to 8 pm), to design cupcakes with Karlie Kloss and Teen Vogue editors including editor-in-chief, Amy Astley.
- Carolina Herrera will be skipping back and forth between her Madison Ave shop, (954 Madison Avenue), — which will be celebrating its 10th anniversary with a photo booth, classic American cocktails, music by Paul Sevigny, and a magician — and the opening of CH Carolina Herrera boutique just down the street.
- Donna Karan will be at her Madison Avenue location (819 Madison Avenue) — along with Fall DKNY model Leigh Lezark — and at Saks.
- Tommy Hilfiger and Macy's will be celebrating the designer's 25th anniversary at Macy’s Herald Square with, “The Ultimate Tailgate Party,” a theme inspired by Tommy’s Fall ad campaign.
- Helmut Lang designers Michael and Nicole Colovos will be celebrating the night with DJ Harley Viera Newton along with a photo lab from The Cobrasnake. Food will be provided by the Rickshaw Dumpling Truck parked right in front of the store. (819 Washington Street New, 5 pm to 11 pm)
- Fenton Fallon's, Dana Lorenz, and Suvi Koponen will be hosting a "Goodbye Summer" party with designer friends Wren, Provam and Albertus Swanepoel at the Freeman Alley store. (Located at the end of Freeman Alley between Bowery and Chrystie)
And then some:
- Club Monaco and Victor Demarchelier teamed up to celebrate the launch of the Fall 2010 Campaign featuring Malgosia Bela. Here, guest can don the brand's latest pieces styled by Vogue’s Jessica Sailer, and have their new look snapped in black and white by Demarchelier himself (autograph included).
- Danny Roberts, of igor + andre, in conjunction with W Hotels, has created a limited-edition canvas tote in honor of FNO. You can pick one up — from 5 pm to 8 pm — at The W Hotels store located in Times Square. Roberts will also be showcasing an exhibit of his favorite work in The Living Room bar at the W in Times Square.
- Rogan, Oak, and The Smile joined hands to produce a Black Carnival on Bond Street complete with black tents stretching across the north side of the street between Bowery & Lafayette. Guests can check out Rogan's exclusive collection for FNO; get their faces painted; try their luck at shoe tossing courtesy of United Nude; win exclusive prizes, like limited-edition lockets from Rogan, and enjoy bites to eat from The Smile. (Bond St, 6 pm to 11 pm)
- The Plaza Hotel teamed up with the CFDA to showcase a pop-up shop for the ten emerging designers from the Fashion Incubator program. The exclusive pop-up shop will include one-of-a-kind jewelry — like customized jewels from Ruby Kobo and Subversive Jewelry creations at special prices — to exclusive ready-to-wear pieces. Carine Bailey Rae will also be on deck to perform at the Palm Court from 8 pm to 9 pm.
- Rachel Zoe and the designers from Project Runway will be at Piperlime's pop-up shop (93 Mercer Street).