Moschino Cheap & Chic channeled some of the more notable psychedelic '60s styles with an updated twist. Our favorite in the mod mix? Patchwork lace — it looks way prettier than it sounds — was pieced together into long-sleeved blouses, pencil skirts, and one totally covetable cocktail dress. Pair that retro vibe with military-inspired accents and an overarching beauty motif, and you've got the brand's Fall '12 ethos in a nutshell. The blend of tougher outerwear with rainbow fur add-ons, brightly-hued quilted accessories, Audrey-Hepburn worthy flats, and Grandma's hand-crocheted squares artfully sewn into the bodices and shoulders of cozy toppers showed off a girl who's both flirty and strongwilled. To polish off the femme affair, Moschino sent out beauty-themed prints and cotton ball-cum-pom pom details, as if the contents of one's makeup bag had been splashed onto the front of a cute daytime sheath. Get the breakdown below.
- Trends: Patchwork lace, colorful crochet-enhanced sweaters, military-inspired silhouettes, pointed collars, and beauty-themed graphic prints.
- Colors: Orange, light pink, pale blue, beige, lime green, forest green, and lemon yellow.
- Key Piece: Patchwork lace pieced into pretty ladylike pieces, like the multicolored dress version.
- Accessories: Rainbow fur, pointy-toed flats, afghan appliqué, pom-pom details, satin headbands, and colorful quilted bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Front-row attendees Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung and other quirky-minded fashionistas like Zooey Deschanel.