With the Oscars at the end of the month, Naeem Khan's gorgeously crafted red-carpet wear couldn't have come at a better time. Head-to-toe sparkle, full-length prints, embellished pants — Khan's wildly beautiful Fall '12 confections are begging to be worn right now. Beginning with an essentially ethnic-inspired feel, Khan sent ornately crafted tunic-style dresses and gowns down the runway that spoke decidedly to his native India. But, cinched at the waist with lovely black bows, these tunics are both somewhat exotic and at the same time steeped in classic red-carpet glamour. It's that wow factor that registers, the luxuriousness of it all, the decadence that unfolds in all-over sparkle, fringe trim, and jaw-dropping silhouettes. Showstoppers are Khan's bread and butter — in fact, it was hard not to audibly ohh and ahh with nearly every ensemble's turn down the runway. That's not to say you tire of the effect — you're captivated. It's not just the exotic detail, the texture, or the shine, it's how Khan masters the cut. Necklines and slits are sexy but never reveal too much; fringe and beading are used abundantly, but it never feels over-the-top. It's how Khan's mastered the art of razzle-dazzle with perfect allure.
- Trends: Textured, embellished eveningwear; ethnic-feeling robe- and tunic-style gowns; dramatic black and white prints.
- Colors: Black, white, silver, gold.
- Key Piece: The gold full-length v-neck gown is begging for a red-carpet appearance.
- Accessories: Open-toe cutout ankle boots, peep-toe pumps, ankle-strap heels.
- Who Would Wear It: Hollywood A-listers and Oscar contenders like front-rower Ahna O'Reilly; beauties like Zoe Saldana and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley would carry off these gowns flawlessly.