Karl Lagerfeld has gone crazy for jumpsuits for the latest Chanel collection in a variety of fits, all with statement pockets. A drawbridge opened at either end of the catwalk, which was surrounded by tons of charcoal and lumps of smoking black rock. There was an apocalyptic feel to the collection, which was mainly produced from a dark colour palette. Dresses were generally maxi length and produced from sensual fabrics like lace and tulle. There were long capes and boxy jackets, and even the most feminine pieces were given edge with applique and leather panels.
- Trends: Jumpsuits, monochrome.
- Colours: Black, grey, white, red.
- Key Looks: Quilted black jumpsuit.
- Accessories: Midi heels, small clutch bags, lace gloves, chain and leather handbags.
- Who Would Wear It: Women who want an elegant rock-chic wardrobe with a tailored edge.