When it comes to plus-size fashion, 2010 was a pretty groundbreaking year. Between the rise of curvaceous model — and all-around babe — Crystal Renn and the emergence of both chain retailers and major designers adding plus sizes to their collections, the fashion industry took great strides in accepting women of all sizes. Here are the noteworthy plus-size features from the past 12 months:
- Elle France dedicated its entire April issue to plus-size women.
- Forever21 changed their plus-size line from Faith 21 to Forever 21+.
- Marc Jacobs CEO Robert Duffy announced the possibility of adding plus sizes to the label.
- Sonsi.com provided fashion advice and amazing deals on their newly-launched site.
- Target offered plus-size pieces via their trendy Pure Energy collection.
- Plus-size lingerie site Hips & Curves served up sexy Halloween costumes.
- Crystal Renn starred in a sizzling editorial for V Magazine. . .
- . . . and we covered her ladylike-gone-badass spread for Paper Planes' Fall issue.