Miuccia Prada revved it up in more ways than one for Prada's Spring collection in a runway show, named "Women and Car Engines," adorned with giant toy cars referenced to show the Italian man's (stereotypical) love for women and cars. Only Prada can show this meaning in a sweet '50s-themed story showing diaphanous high-waist pleated skirts paired with bandeau tops, lace-print car coats, and varsity jackets. Furthering her car theme were adorable retro car prints — think Chevrolets and Cadillacs — and flame-whipped patterns splayed across skirts and blouses. We especially loved Miuccia's leather pencil skirt adorned with an old-school automobile. Meanwhile, rhinestone-embellished one-piece swimsuits added a sultry touch to her sweet and sexy theme. "Cheerful and witty" was how Miuccia described her collection, and we couldn't agree more. More details from the amazing collection below.
- Trends: High-waisted pleated skirts, bandeau tops, leather pencil skirts, car coats, varsity jackets.
- Colors: Red, sky blue, pink, aqua, black, yellow, hunter green.
- Key Look: We loved all of the lace-print coats and leather pencil skirts.
- Accessories: Bags with car prints, flame-embellished sandals, oversized rhinestone earrings, '50s sunglasses.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave statement chic pieces like Alexa Chung and Kirsten Dunst.