Proenza Schouler Spring 2013
Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez churned out an array of patchwork leather, digital prints, and grommets for Proenza Schouler's Spring '13 collection — bold and bright as ever. The duo were inspired by the digital world, "the Internet, the images you're bombarded with, and the collage of information that you get every day," said Hernandez. With that notion in mind, the designers pieced together an array of bright leathers to create structured vests, oversize perforated jackets, skirts, and dresses. In between all of the in-your-face leather, there were satin dresses and tops showcasing the same collage technique with digital prints featuring images like kids at a pool, crowds of people, and beach scenes. It's a given that this isn't a collection for wallflowers, but statement makers like front-row attendees Kate Bosworth and Alexa Chung are sure to give these pieces a go. For the finale, the designers highlighted digital-printed dresses adorned with neon pink or green buttons on top and grommet detailing on the bottom. It was controlled chaos, and we loved every second of it.
- Trends: Leather, patchwork, bright colors, digital prints, embellishment.
- Colors: Red, lime green, black, white, navy, pink, turquoise.
- Key Piece: The photo-printed dress embellished with hot-pink buttons and metal grommets.
- Accessories: Cutout platform sandals, knee-high gladiator sandals, tough paillette and printed bags, grommet-detailed platform sandals
- Who Should Wear It: Bold statement makers like front-row attendees Kate Bosworth, Alexa Chung, and Kirsten Dunst.