Rachel Comey showed us her sophisticated side for Fall '12, streamlining her usual quirk factor with a modern, refreshing twist. "Normally for Fall we dive into print and pattern and color," said Comey. "This time, I pulled all of that out and cleared the air." With that in mind, the designer showcased laser-cut cotton dresses and wool felt tops, digital-print knee-length skirts, pretty prints, and shiny boxy leather tops. Color pops included an oversized bright orange coat and dress and even a heart-print dress doused in hot pink. Comey's shoes, a cult favorite amongst many, included quirky-cool black-and-white cap-toe loafers, flatforms, and chunky ankle boots. To finish, Comey closed out the show with an array of cocktail-appropriate black dresses, ranging from a simple, slinky halter-neck LBD to a shimmering full-skirted version. More details on the collection below.
- Trends: Laser-cut tops, full-skirt dresses, metallic, digital and watercolor prints.
- Colors: Black, gray, hot pink, bright orange.
- Key Piece: Rachel's laser-cut tops and dresses exuded a light structural quality we can't wait to try on come Fall '12.
- Accessories: Black-and-white cap-toe loafers, flatform boots, clear plastic skinny belts, sheer metallic socks.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave quirky yet sophisticated pieces like Kate Bosworth, Whitney Port, and Leighton Meester.