True to form, Rachel Roy delivered a delightfully wearable collection of bold-hued knits and dresses, homing in on the perfect balance of easy separates and keen architectural detail for Fall '12. Roy excels in crafting pieces women want to wear — it's that mix of the understated, like slouchy knits in brilliant colors, and the sharpness of a well-executed cut — and the backs of Roy's evening gowns are done with perfect precision. This season, she's particularly adept at translating megawatt hues onto wearable pieces — even furs and sweaters get the pop-of-color treatment to pair against the line's sleek trousers or simple shifts. If it's not rich, saturated color, then Roy steals our interest with her texture story in leather, tweedy knits, and open cable knit. Altogether the looks read in perfect balance — she delivers a hint of downtown edge (minus the intimidation) and marries it effortlessly with the uptown sophisticate.
- Trends: Bold brights, colorblocking, leather, colored fur.
- Colors: Olive, sand, bright green, blue, red, burgundy.
- Key Piece: The olive-green fur and leather-cuffed navy trousers.
- Accessories: Wide-brimmed hats, bright gloves, lace-up ankle boots, loafer-style pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: The uptown girl with downtown flair.