True to the Rachel Zoe manifesto, her Fall '12 lineup delivered a unique mix of nostalgic and contemporary-cool pieces. Inspired by the rock 'n' roll glamour of 1960s London — think Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull — the collection boasted all the trademark elements of that oh-so-cool era. Knit minidresses, sequined gowns with updated twists, tailored menswear-inspired suits in jewel-toned velvets and tweeds, and an arsenal of must-have shaggy faux fur coats set the retro tone without ever seeming outdated. To top off these sweet rocker looks, the models also showed off something entirely new to the Zoe brand: chunky art-deco jewelry and cozy-chic Winter accessories. Translation? She's given us even more reason to accent our cold-weather attire with luxe snoods, statement collar necklaces, and bold fur cossacks. While the effortless feel of Rachel Zoe's collection may be rooted in old-school shapes and silhouettes, her execution proved that she's designing for a modern woman with a playful penchant for stylish throwbacks.
- Trends: Ultra-tailored menswear-inspired suits, sequins, oversized faux fur coats, flared pants, and rich textures like velvet and tweed.
- Colors: Jewel tones (emerald, fuchsia, ruby red), gilded embellishments, and stark whites.
- Key Piece: The artfully draped multihued print dress looked insanely cool styled up with a suede merlot messenger bag, luxe snood, and killer boots.
- Accessories: Plush fur head gear, long leather gloves, messenger bags, sequined scarves, super-slouchy knee-high boots, and art-deco jewelry.
- Who Would Wear It: For the retro-glam girl with an eye for clean silhouettes and fur toppers, like Mary-Kate Olsen, Kate Moss, and Sienna Miller.