Rebecca's girl is both an homage to '90s grunge and a fresh-faced street-styler. The Fall collection marries the designer's signature sweet side with darker territory, at least where texture and color are concerned. Rebecca's palette is decidedly moody in deep brown, burgundy, and black on leather, herringbone, wool, and velvet layers. Then she counters with cool-girl silhouettes; layers are in perfect proportion — for every slick leather layer, there's also a sheer-chiffon sleeve, slinky sequins, or abstract print. There's a lightness to counter the severity of her colors; she still homes in on that girlie factor we love in a pretty peplum top, a sexier snake-print halter dress, or ultra-femme sheer pleats. Like front-rower Olivia Palermo, this girl is something of a mix-master who's got as much femininity as she does cool-girl edge.
- Trends: Rich texture in leather, velvet, and jacquard; sequins, peplum, heavy layers, and exotic print.
- Colors: Brown, gray, and black with just a pop of purple and blue.
- Key Piece: We love the open sheer-chiffon pleats on the gorgeous full-length print dress; also the cool factor of a leopard coat done in ombre.
- Accessories: Metallic ankle-strap heels, fur-adorned ankle boots, chain-strap crossbody bags, and oversize leather satchels.
- Who Would Wear It: Street-chic celebs like Nicky Hilton would rock the moto-style jackets and edgy layers.