We count on Rebecca Taylor to deliver femininity in the coolest way possible; for Spring 2012 she did exactly that. Injecting doses of whimsy, like sequined details on slouchy silhouettes that meld both our girlier impulses with our desire to appear effortlessly dressed. The girls hit the runway first in a sequence of brights — all shine, florals, and sky-blue splashes of watercolor print on flowy dresses and little skirts; then, she met the easy and breezy sentiments with moodier tones — midnight blues, blacks, and darker metallics. Check out all the looks, and watch our interview with the designer herself!
- Trends: Sequins, cutouts, florals, slouchy, flowy silhouettes, laser-cut detailing.
- Colors: Moody blues, gray, citrus yellow, white, sky-blue watercolor prints, florals.
- Key Piece: Neon citrus laser-cut crop top and floral print shorts; slouchy sequined pants.
- Accessories: Pearl necklaces worn crossbody style, metallic blue and orange sandals, structured pink and metallic handbags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girlie girls who still crave the cool factor; Whitney Port.