For Rochas's Fall 2012 collection, Marco Zanini culled inspiration from the midcentury ceramics of Swedish artist Wilhelm Kåge, highlighting a range of colorful suits and separates. While the focus was on ladylike dressing, Zanini injected a quirky touch into every look, pairing printed tights with boucle coats, patterned pencil skirts, and the geek chic glasses to match. Highlights included the well-tailored suits and skirts; the latter featured a range of full and form-fitting shapes. For gowns, Zanini created decadent voluminous gowns made out of thick washed silks — we can totally picture celeb style setters like Tilda Swinton wearing one of those creations on the red carpet. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Printed suits, ladylike dressing.
- Colors: Blue, mustard yellow, purple, camel, lavender.
- Key Piece: The printed suit sets immediately caught our attention.
- Accessories: Printed tights, tribal necklaces, oxfords, shawl scarves, satchel bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave polished quirk, like front-row attendee Olivia Palermo, and Tilda Swinton.