Roland Mouret knows what women want: to appear incredibly sexy, without ever feeling like you've gone too far or tried too hard. For Spring 2012, he exercised that same restraint via cutouts and form-fitting shapes — but only to a certain extent. While his Fall '11 looks veered into softer femininity, there is a mix both of retro-inspired silhouettes giving way to more modern details. Dresses are, at first, printed and ladylike, then sharper and tailored, some with curve-hugging fits and flashes of skin via unexpected eye-shaped cutouts. Then, he counters with suiting; bright, slim trousers and button-downs, and midi skirts, all embellished with black ribbon bow-ties to temper the cutouts and sexier fare. You could just as easily find your standout cocktail dress as you could your workday office wear, and it would all be the perfect kind of sexy for whatever the occasion.
- Trends: Brights, cutouts, ladylike dressing.
- Colors: Black, white, blues, red, mustard yellow.
- Key Look: The navy shirtdress and sheaths with surprising, sexy cutouts.
- Accessories: White and black platform sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave polish, but not without a little sex appeal.