Imagine a rock 'n' roll show at midnight where everyone's wearing sequins, leather, and luxe furry coats. Good — now you're standing on Saint Laurent's Fall '16 runway. While we're gearing up to enjoy the new collections in New York, designer Hedi Slimane kicked things off in LA last night at the Hollywood Palladium. He previewed menswear and just round one of womenswear, the second to come at Paris Fashion Week.
The label's signature, dark romantic vibes ran throughout the line with the inclusion of velvet midi dresses, capes, skirts, and fierce animal prints. But this time around, every look got a playful touch: Victorian-esque frills, prairie girl bows, and ruffles. With all the glittering details, not to mention the major icons in the front row — from Lady Gaga to Justin Bieber and Pamela Anderson, whose son stars in the brand's new campaign — it's hard to believe there's still more to come from Saint Laurent this season.
- Key Look: A pussy-bow-blouse-finished midi dress splashed with musical notes, met with a wide leather belt, jacket, and boots — it embodied the throwback rock 'n' roll collection.
- Colors: Saturated metallics, cherry red, luxe-looking jewel tones by way of velvet.
- Shoes: Tall, tight, black leather boots, though leopard print surprises, red velvet, and metallic details peppered their way into the collection. It's the cowboy boot at the modern day rock concert.
- Other Accessories: Wide leather belts with oversize buckles that broke up sequins and busy prints.
- Who Would Wear It: Madonna would take on the looks in full while stars like Dakota Johnson and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley would work all the glamour out of a standout dress paired with strappy stilettos.
- Fabrics: Velvet, fur, sequins, and a crinkly silk with plenty of shine.
- Key Prints: Leopard, tiger stripes, and florals that exploded like fireworks.