Stella McCartney was in a sporty state of mind for her Fall 2012 collection (most likely inspired by her recent gig designing Olympic uniforms for the British team), showing bold color and athletic-inspired shapes. With a magical touch, McCartney injected a dose of luxe into every piece; lavish slouchy trousers were dipped in shocking cobalt and dark pink hues, while a selection of textural knitted sweaters looked cozy enough to sleep in. Outerwear also highlighted bigger shapes, but not overwhelmingly so, via polished coats with striped bomber collars and modern zip details. On the opposite end of the spectrum, McCartney showed fitted silhouettes via structured skirt suits and dresses. The latter featured silk and wool renditions with a sporty fit-and-flare shape, while evening wear options showed longer silhouettes with intricate embroidery. McCartney accessories are sure to leave a few smitten as well; we predict an antsy waiting list for the two-tone pumps, booties, and oversize clutches. More details from Stella McCartney's effortless Fall 2012 collection below.
- Trends: Slouchy trousers, oversize coats, sporty details.
- Colors: Black, blue, pink, brown, olive green, white, taupe.
- Key Piece: We loved the sporty luxe outerwear and skater-inspired wool dresses.
- Accessories: Two-tone boots and pumps, oversize clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls with a modern and minimal approach to dressing like Kate Bosworth and Zoe Saldana.