'Tis the season to rock all sorts of fun tights, like these Flirt for Asos 70 Denier Rebel Tights ($12). You should continue to wear them, so long as you give them a good wash from time to time. I know the thought of washing a delicate fabric is scary because of the possibility of tears (and labor), but the alternative, reeking of smelly gym, is far worse.
To learn how to safely bathe your tights,
- Take each of your tights and individually soak them in a lukewarm sink of water.
- Pour a potent but gentle soap, like this The Laundress Delicate Wash ($5-$20), into the bowl and let it sit for a half hour or so.
- Now that your tights have been fully immersed in water and soap, remove them and rinse in cold water to get rid of all the suds.
- Wring them gently to remove as much of the water as possible and hang to dry in your shower.
- Use tights and repeat steps after five or so wears, or until smelly.