There's no easier go-to sole than TOMS, and with such a philanthropic business model, it's a shoe-in for all our laid-back warm-weather outfits. Inspired by all the cool Spring styles cropping up , we thought we'd take a stab at embellishing our own Summer-perfect pair. With the canvas slip-on as our muse, we headed to TOMS's NYC headquarters and immediately tapped into our craftier, do-it-yourself sides. From acrylic paints, glitter glue, and metallic sequins to fabric cutouts and Sharpie markers in every color of the rainbow, we transformed our classic white TOMS into bright tie-dyed, ombre-infused, personalized masterpieces — in less than an hour. Want to see the step-by-step process and styled result and glean a little DIY  inspiration for yourself? Just keep clicking.
Spotted at TOMS NYC headquarters: lots of crafty ladies putting their personalized spin on a pair of classic TOMS shoes.
A close-up of the artists at work. To glean a little more TOMS DIY  inspiration, just keep  clicking.
Has Spring inspired you to tap into your creative side? Great. We've got a quick, fun, and totally easy way to soup up a pair of TOMS, courtesy of all your favorite arts-and-crafts accoutrements .
First, you'll need a clean flat surface to double as your work station. At TOMS HQ, we utilized this cool marketplace cart, covering it  with one of the brand's signature  canvas bags.
What You'll Need:
- A classic pair of white TOMS  ($44) — if you want to decorate a different style, feel free to. The white canvas style provides a clean slate and an easy background to work with.
- Disposable mini trays  ($2 for 12-pack), which make the setup seamless and the cleanup effortless.
- 25-pack of paint brushes  ($7, not pictured)
What else did we wrangle for the TOMS Style Your Sole  project? Fabrics, acrylic paint, buttons, ribbon, and glitter glue to start.
Where to Find These Crafty Goodies:
- Tim Holtz Distress Stickies Glitter Glue  ($3). Go  wild with your color choices.
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint  ($2)
- Waverly Bedazzle Silver Lining Fabric  ($25). You can pick up any sheet of fabric that fits  your style bill and cut out patches to glue onto the canvas of the shoe. It  adds cool texture and a pop of print.
- 24 Colored Sharpie Markers  ($20)
- Fancy Pants Button Embellishments  ($5)
- Multicolor Satin Ribbon  ($14)
To embellish your shoe, make sure you have tacky glue handy.
3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue  ($4)
For us, the "hardest" part of the entire DIY  project was narrowing down our color choices. Ultimately, we chose yellow, blue, purple , and orange.
Different Bedazzling Options:
- Cupped Sequin Multi-Pack  ($3)
- Assorted Sized Rhinestone Sequins  ($8)
- Chenille Kraft Sequins and Spangles Classroom Pack  ($17)
Associate editor Chi Chau and assistant editor Hannah Weil jumped right into painting their TOMS. Chi opted for a yellow base, and Hannah tried out an ombre effect, pairing orange, yellow, and a splash of pink.
We got a glimpse at what other TOMS DIY-ers were up to — pink bedazzling was in full effect.
Yellow sequins popped up on another pair of TOMS.
Associate editor Marisa Tom also started with a yellow base and added her initials with colorful Sharpie markers on the side of each shoe.
Our Tips For Decorating:
- Keep  a mason jar filled with water at the ready. We found that diluting our paint colors just a little helped the application process. By watering down the vibrancy, you can manipulate the color scheme to your liking. This is particularly useful if you're going for a tie-dye or ombre effect.
- Thicker brushes are way easier to work with — trust us.
- There's really no such thing as messing up here. Improvisation (and embracing it) made this project super fun and inspired a bright, unexpected outcome, which we loved.
- Make sure to keep the "stuffing" of the shoe in place while you paint and as the shoe dries. This way, your shoe will keep its signature  TOMS shape.
And now  the left is finished too!
Look at Hannah's pretty orange-yellow-pink ombre-effect TOMS — they turned out great. Next  stop? Wearing them at Coachella.