Thierry Mugler, under the direction of Nicola Formichetti, presented a sculpted, tight, and provocative collection for Spring 2012. It's impossible to look at the collection and not wonder what Lady Gaga will be wearing — the nude and tan minidresses, a cutout white jumpsuit, or the gothic black uniforms? While much of the collection is intended for more daring fashionistas, there was a very cool pair of glittery leggings paired with an asymmetric tunic that could make its way to a red carpet outing near you.
- Trends: sculptural cuts, cutouts, bandage dressing, short hemlines, asymmetry.
- Colors: black, white, gold, nude, tan.
- Key Look: the gold beaded leggings and tunic.
- Accessories: minimal platform sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Aside from Lady Gaga? These are showstopping looks meant for music videos — think Rihanna and a non-pregnant Beyoncé.