Never underestimate the style there is in ease. That's the takeaway I leave with from Amy Smilovic's Fall '16 Tibi show. While the Fashion Week streets are lined with bloggers looking to impress with a shock and awe brand of styling, Tibi is a reminder that simplicity must not be underrated.
Amy looked to military and menswear but streamlined the traditional elements with a minimalist elegance that's become core to her brand. The look is confident but never boastful. It's all clean lines and smart footwear. The statement making comes in subtle, but careful layers and a color palette that's brilliant — but never flashy. It's a look that could make any woman question why she liked the fuss and frills to begin with.
- Trends: Military influences, minimalism, suiting, menswear.
- Colors: Military greens, emerald, navy, rose, terracotta.
- Key Look: The sheer lace turtlenecks and hemlines layered underneath dresses, jumpsuits, and suits.
- Shoes: Chelsea boots, white and rose calf-high boots, simple white sneakers.
- Who Would Wear It: The professional with an eye for fashionable, live-in pieces.