Contradictory to the pink palettes that dominated Spring and Summer, this Fall's beauty trends take you for a walk on the dark side. From black nail polish to bold cherry lips, these new styles are more defined. The most important thing to remember is to get your foundation right, since a bold color palette calls for a flawless canvas. Here are the top five Fall beauty must-haves.
1. Stained berry lips are the number one beauty trend for Fall. Prime your lips with either concealer or a wax-based lip balm to stop color from bleeding around your lip line, then line your lips in either a matching berry color or a nude liner. If you want a softer look in berries or red, dab on color like Benefit Benetint and use your fingers to pat and spread. This will result in a more sheer, less fussy look.
2. Metallic eye shadow is all the rage for fall. Golds, silvers, and bronzes have been mixed into blues, purples, and other vibrant colors to add some heavy metal to the traditional autumn colors.
To see the other three trends,
3. Luminosity and highlighters can do wonders to add a sunny radiance to pale autumn complexion. I absolutely love Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam Highlighters, as well as the Bobbi Brown Gold Shimmer Brick. These products enhance your features and give your face an instant, youthful glow. Blend them into your foundation, or wear them alone to accentuate your cheekbones and brow bone.
4. Dark nail polish and black polish let you make a fashion statement without having to spend a lot of money. Now is the time to spring away from sheer pinks and neutral peaches and fall into deep brick reds and even vampish blacks and blues. Just be sure to apply a base coat first to avoid yellowy stains.
5. White Eyeliner is making a huge comeback this fall with the return of the mod look. It creates a beautiful, fresh look and really does make your eyes look brighter and more awake. To wear white eyeliner, simply line the inner corner of the eye or your lower lashline with an eye pencil in shimmery white, cream, or silver and blend in the line. For extra brightening, use the same pencil to highlight the brow line.
To complete the look this fall, try totally blowing off your blow out and opt for the just-rolled-out-of-bed, I'm-too-sexy-for-my-brush hairstyle. Just rub some volumizing spray or mousse into the roots of your hair, then blow dry your hair upside down, flip your head up, and shake it like a Polaroid picture!