If you want real romance, look no further than Valentino's Fall 2012 collection. Creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli designed an impeccably gorgeous lineup of gowns, jumpsuits, and coats that — for lack of something less cliché to say — swept us off our feet. Picking up right where it left off after Spring '12, Valentino honed in on the ultrafeminine details, neutral color palette aside. Floor-skimming dresses were updated with panels of refined leather, sheer Victorian lace bodices and sleeves, and some were even artfully covered in glitter. Whether the pieces were endowed with rich tapestry embroidery, metallic floral embellishments, or a sweet collar bow tie, it all worked towards one well-defined theme of pretty elegance. Of course, no Valentino collection is complete without its signature red creations, and the Fall offerings didn't disappoint. We were particularly enamored with the cherry-hue frock adorned with scalloped edges and paired with matching red ankle-strap sandals. For more details, just keep reading.
- Trends: Victorian-inspired lace, glittery gowns, refined leather, scalloped hems, and pronounced rounded shoulders.
- Colors: Black, red, pink, white, and metallic beige.
- Key Piece: While the signature red numbers always slay us, we think any of the ultrafeminine frocks (lace! sheer! glitter!) needs to make its way into our closet.
- Accessories: Portfolio clutches, slick black shoulder bags, and low-heeled ankle-strap sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Valentino's longtime admirers à la Jaime King, Kirsten Dunst, Kate Bosworth, and Michelle Williams — and obviously, girls who can rock a front braid, too.