While most designers went tribal for Spring '12, Donatella Versace ventured under the sea. It was a leg-bearing collection as models sauntered down the runway — complete with big blowouts and dangerously high lucite heels — in an array of starfish, seashell, and seahorse printed short sets and minidresses. Sexy indeed, and when skin wasn't showing down below, Versace paired fitted pencil skirts with belly-baring bandeau and corset tops. Pastel hues dominated the collection, but black did make an appearance in the way of cocktail-ready dresses. The rest of the eveningwear portion provided red carpet attire options with studded one-shoulder dresses and high-slit maxi-length gowns. The bottom line? Get ready to hit the gym for Spring. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Bandeau tops, short suit sets, pencil skirts, sea-life prints, high slits, minidresses.
- Colors: White, black, pastel yellow, blue, purple, and green.
- Key Look: We loved all of the sexy short sets.
- Accessories: Lucite heels, studded clutches, stacked bracelets.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who loves standout partywear like Rihanna and Beyonce.