If you were expecting Vivienne Westwood to deliver a Spring '13 collection built upon her iconic corseted silhouettes, fearless patterns, and downright zany embellishments, then you have come to the right place. While the hair-raising updos and heart-shaped face makeup could have been indicative of the clothing's equally fantastical appeal, it was far from an abstract lineup. In fact, it felt like one of Westwood's more wearable collections in recent seasons. The gowns — injected with dramatic trains, corseted bustiers, and even a hint of an accentuated hip shape — were doubly glamorous, thanks to the designer's affinity for costume-jewelry add-ons. But the gowns weren't the only pieces adorned with beautiful brooches and gem-encrusted pins. Tapestry-printed pantsuits and mini-jumpsuits also topped the list of looks that got the jazzed-up treatment. We spotted a jaw-dropping metallic column dress worthy of Diane Kruger's next red-carpet appearance mixed in with artfully draped sheaths detailed with pockets and oversize blazers presented with a strong shoulder statement. According to Westwood's Spring, you can have your eclectic costume style — all with a very wearable twist.
- Trends: Tapestry prints, costume-jewelry embellishments, corseted silhouettes, and bold shoulders.
- Colors: Metallic hues mixed in with navy, citron, pale blue, pink, black, nude, and lavender.
- Key Piece: The gold textured column dress, finished off with a large bejeweled crab brooch on the bustier.
- Accessories: Croc-skin clutches, printed platform sandals, knee-high gladiator sandals, every kind of costume-jewelry accent you could dream of, and patterned totes.
- Who Should Wear It: Diane Kruger, Anne Hathaway, and Sarah Jessica Parker.