Yigal Azrouël designed his Fall '12 collection for a woman who is "fearless in her outlook and quiet in her confidence." Drawing from the spirit of Françoise Hardy, Yigal sent sophisticated, ladylike looks with an exotic twist down the runway. To put it simply, it was a luxurious mélange of plush raccoon-fur cossacks, long cashmere coats with leather-trimmed pockets, pebble-printed silk jumpsuits, snakeskin gloves, and one jaw-dropping laser-cut crepe leather gown. Add to the mix lambskin pants and structured leather jackets in a covetable palette of autumnal henna, bordeaux, and evergreen hues, and you've got a cold-weather wardrobe worth lusting after. As Yigal put it, this collection is all about "the unintentional beauty in mystery."
- Trends: Ultra-luxe outwear, contoured hoods, reinvented wool silhouettes, and exotic textures.
- Colors: Henna red, bordeaux purple, muted navy, pale forest green, and slick black-and-brown combos.
- Key Piece: We love the juxtaposition of this floor-length black gown — precise laser-cut detail and daring proportions all in one go.
- Accessories: Plush add-ons; two-tone fur and leather booties, leather-trimmed pockets, snakeskin gloves, and raccoon-fur hats.
- Who Would Wear It: The effortlessly poised woman with a flair for surprise, like Gwyneth Paltrow and Victoria Beckham.