Spring was seen in a darker light for Stefano Pilati's collection for Yves Saint Laurent. Instead of the bright colors and prints favored on many runways this season, Pilati showcased a gorgeous jewel-toned collection highlighting blue, purple, and forest green hues with a sprinkling of mint green to lighten up the mood. Showing what he does best, the designer created sharp tailored jacquard trousers and structured coats. The feminine touch in the way of fit-and-flare skirts, ruffle detailed blouses, printed coats, and sexy halter tops. For eveningwear, Pilati created sultry sheer black gowns, cut deep in the front and flecked with gold shimmer. The footwear selection was covetable, showing gold-plated suede loafers dipped in beautiful jewel tones, lace-up flats, cap-toe pumps, and platform loafers. Shoes that are sure to hit the must-haves list of every stylista.
- Trends: Peplum, exotic prints, volume, jacquard.
- Colors: Forest green, blue, pink, mint green, purple, fuchsia, pink .
- Key Look: A bold multicolored horizontal stripe wool blazer coat.
- Accessories: Ankle wrap flats, gold-plated loafers, cap toe pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave polished and sleek pieces.