Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard about the latest carry-on regulations from the Transportation Security Administration: All of the liquids in your carry-on luggage must be in bottles 3-ounces or smaller, and those must be sealed in a single quart-sized Ziploc bag. But even if you have a high-maintenance beauty regimen, it's possible to accommodate your liquids on board. The key is having a mix of liquids that go in the baggie and solids that don't. Earlier today, I gave you Ziploc Bag Beauty, Part I: Maximize Your Baggie, detailing all of the liquids you should stow in your bag.
Fortunately, many liquid cosmetics (i.e., foundation, perfume, lotion) now have solid counterparts, so you can save the Ziploc bag for the most crucial liquids. Hence, Part II: Save It For the Solids, my guide to the space-saving and non-liquid cosmetics you'll need. Here's how to divvy it up.
- Body Lotion: Country Bunny Bath and Body Lotion Bar, $7, available in six scents or an unscented variety here.
- Perfume: Stella McCartney Stella in Two Amber Parfum Solid, $42, available here.
- Hair Pomade: Charles Worthington London Smart Fixx Quick Flick Wax Stick, $7.99, available here.
- Eye Makeup Remover: Bare Escentuals On the Spot, $5 for 24 liquid-soaked cotton swabs, available here.
- Deodorant: Dove Antiperspirant Deodorant Invisible Solid, $1.39 for .5-ounces, available here.
- Foundation: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Foundation Stick, $38, available here. Possibly the best solid foundation stick of all time.
- Blush: Laura Geller Cheek Sweeps, $29 for two (no brushes required!), available here.
- Powder: Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush, $18.50, available in seven shades here.
- Hair Brush: Sephora Smoothing Travel Hair Brush, $30, available here.
To see the rest, read more