- On how she dressed when she was ten: "I remember dressing as a punk . . . Green lipstick, backcombed hair, Mum's T-shirt as a dress . . . "
- On her style icon as a kid: "[I] didn't really aspire to look like anyone else [when I was younger]. I shopped for myself, mostly at jumble sales and Oxfam."
- On what she had on when she was 'discovered': "a white shirt and jeans, and I felt very cool."
- She refers to boots in the singular: "Everyone wore jeans and a boot."
- On why she's a style icon: "I think it's because I don't follow a trend. I just have a thrown-together look."
- Does age affects her style? "Ha! No! I still think I'm 17."