These cookies may be small, but they make up for their size in the flavor department. They’re all natural, have only five ingredients and no added sugar – overall a great alternative to white flour and sugar-based cookies. Storing the cookies in the fridge will keep them dense, chewy, and delicious.
See the recipe after the break!
1 cup raw or unsalted roasted almonds
1 cup (about 10) medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup almond butter
1.5 Tablespoon cacaos nibs (optional)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place the almonds in a food processor or mini chopper and pulse until it resembles a coarse meal.
2. Add the dates, almond butter, vanilla, and salt.
3. Pulse for a couple minutes until it forms a dough.
4. Stir in cacao nibs, if using. You can use your hands to knead in the cacao nibs as the dough is thick.
5. Shape about one tablespoon of dough into a round cookie shape and place on parchment paper.
6. Enjoy right away or place the cookies into the fridge for storage.
- Desserts, Cookies