There's nothing like a good workout session to boost your mood and keep you healthy, and while you can get the workout by yourself, personal trainers can help you go that extra step to ensure the time you spend in the gym is as efficient as possible.
I think personal trainers are a good investment, not only to keep you motivated but also to support you along the way. And I'm not the only one — celeb clients of big-name trainers from Harley Pasternak to Tracy Anderson love to tell us how the trainers have transformed their bodies, and we watch Jillian Michaels and co. transform lives every week on The Biggest Loser. Still not convinced? Here are 10 reasons getting a personal trainer is a good idea!
- They teach you new things. If you're new to the gym experience, getting a personal trainer is a smart idea. Many gyms offer a free session at sign-up to help you get familiar with the machines, and more in-depth sessions can help perfect your form.
- They're sometimes your therapist. Having friend drama? Your trainer can be the perfect person to talk it out with while you're bending, balancing, and lifting.
- They are an objective eye. We all have areas we'd like to work on, and personal trainers can not only tell you realistically what to expect with each workout, but also how to optimize a session to target different muscle groups.
For the rest of the list, read on!
- They're better than a mirror. Watching yourself while you work out can help you make sure your form is correct, but it's even better when someone is there to tweak it while you work.
- They push your limits. Just when you think you can't go anymore, you'll be told to "hold for another minute" or do "10 more reps." And what do you do? You do it, and are all the better for it.
- They hold you accountable. This one can be important for me, especially when happy hour is calling my name. It's much harder to justify blowing off an appointment with a personal trainer than just your own freestyling time at the gym.
- They keep you from plateauing. A personal trainer always has a new workout up her sleeve to keep you having fun and seeing results!
- They keep count. OK, maybe this is just me being lazy, but I just love the fact that someone else is keeping track of my reps, especially when I can barely lift my arms (let alone think) anymore.
- They can be eye candy. Are you a fan of one of these gym stereotypes? Finding one that fits the bill while challenging your fitness goals can be an added bonus. In any case, someone so dedicated to healthy living can be a real-life inspiration to help you meet your goals!
- They love to see you sweat. Who loves to see you at your disheveled worst more than your trainer? All those huffs, puffs, and sweaty faces just tell them that they're doing their jobs!
What do you love about your personal trainer?