Summertime is vacation time! If you're heading to the airport anytime soon, then along with your bikini and flip-flops, be sure to pack some snacks. Since airport food is notoriously pricey and unhealthy, bringing food along will save you money and unwanted calories.
Eating before and during your flight will maintain your metabolism and can help prevent the dizziness and headaches sometimes associated with flying. Snacking will also keep your energy levels up (and your crankiness levels down) so you won't have to dose up on caffeine, which tends to make jet-lag symptoms worse.
Grab some Ziploc baggies and make these 100-calorie snack packs prior to boarding the plane:
- One Horizon organic mozzarella cheese stick: 80 calories
- Three cups of air-popped popcorn: 93 calories
- One Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cake (70) smeared with one tablespoon of hummus 23): 93 calories
- Two large red bell peppers cut in strips: 85 calories
- Eight Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips: 93 calories
- One date (66) paired with five almonds (35): 101 calories
- 28 baby carrots: 98 calories
- 2/3 of a Barbara's Blueberry Multigrain Cereal Bar: 90 calories
- One medium pear, washed and sliced: 103 calories
- 17 unsalted peanuts: 99 calories
- One small banana: 89 calories
- Five Triscuits: 100 calories
- Half an Odwalla Sweet & Salty Peanut bar cut up into bit-size squares: 95 calories
What kind of snacks do you bring when you fly?